Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Shill


Weird.


I got an e-mail asking if I would advertise a website.

Now I have several threads running through my head.

Is this just somebody punching the word "game" into a search engine, matching up any blogs that deal with video games and then sending a form e-mail?

Is it worth it to possibly lose integrity for maybe making, like, five bucks?

Do I actually have integrity?

I guess the biggest reason I haven't advertised on my site, yet, is just that I fail to see the real benefit, for either party. I get maybe a handful of eyeballs a day, most probably wandering at random. A few regulars.

Then I just wonder what kind of product I could really support. The site that contacted me looks like something I'd enjoy -- but I can't vouch for their product. I could only say, "Hey, I want a tiny check, so please buy something from this shop that seems to have interesting stuff."

Anyway, I'm still debating the whole matter. Perhaps some further correspondence is in order to determine the seriousness of the query.

I've been wanting to do my own little re-design -- just tired of the stale template, so it's possible I could start throwing up all sorts of little "buy me!" signs once I make something that works.

A re-design will probably be a long way off. I've been out of the html/css game for so long that I hardly recognize anything.

No comments: