Thursday, September 15, 2005

Other News


Going from
intern to full-time. So I can stave off homelessness for at least a little while.

In case any are curious, I'm working for Bethsoft. Pretty sure that little admission doesn't violate any NDAs.

Very exciting.

It's a pretty strange experience to have a job that I don't loathe. Or dislike.

That is, it's a new thing for me to really love and enjoy my job, even at its most irksome.

The commute still sucks, but it's been a great time to read. Finished the few pages in Book 9 of the Wheel of Time series. I'd hit a roadblock months ago. After all that time off, picking it up again really sucked me in all over again. Absolutely brilliant.

Also reading a book called Light Music by Kathleen Ann Goonan. It's staggeringly poetic, reminds me a bit of a more technologically-focused Bradbury. I guess the best surprise is the sheer emotion that inhabits every portion of the book, something I've found deficient in many science-fiction novels.

Touched the Game Boy DS today, tapped out a few simple commands on Advance Wars, and the damn thing gave off this siren song. Perhaps I can sell a kidney . . .

No comments: