Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Nearly Forgot


When going through
my highly-anticipated games, I can't believe I completely neglected to mention Gun. The premise seems to be Grand Theft Auto meets the Wild West.

Which is a fucking awesome concept. And judging by some of the new gameplay trailers out, it looks like they might nail it.

Western games have been, to put it mildly, sub-par. There have been one or two to stand out. The most compelling one I've seen to date (but never got a chance to play, thanks to the dead X-Box) was Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath.

Red Dead Revolver was okay, play-wise. A bit repetitive -- and peppered with annoying boss fights.

Still, Gun's way up on the list. A little of the old ultraviolence. I'm not looking forward to the public outcry when some clueless parent realizes they bought their ten-year-old a game in which they might speak to prostitutes -- and never mind the scalping.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Annoying boss fights in Red Dead Revolver? How about down right bad. It's been a while since I played it but I remember during a boss fight in the town, the boss would run away from you and shoot some innocents. After a while of chasing him I decided to stop, pull out my rifle and plug him from across the map. The guy didn't even move. He just stood there shooting indiscriminately while I shot him in the head over and over. The AI in this game was very lacking...