Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Inevitable


Eventually
I'm going to have to re-design this blog, and I'm dreading it.

HTML standardization is great, sure, except that sometimes it seems like a crock of shit. Add to that the myriad ways browsers might interpret even the most seemingly-innocuous tags and you may as well be giving yourself a root canal.

The main problem is the thin left column. It stretches the blog too far down and is poorly organized. The other big problem is that the template, while serviceable, is far too generic -- and that problem isn't helped by my terrible eye for graphic design. I do own a copy of the Non-Designer's Design Book, and it's an invaluable resource. I just lack the practice of applying visual design elements regularly.

Maybe I'll just fire up that dentist's drill instead.

No comments: